On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:05:48 +0200, Jep wrote:
> As I'm used to by now, it took multiple efforts to get the new
> Freenet version 1259 to connect to strangers; it seems to require a
> complete new install from scratch and no less will do.
> No way of updating works for me, FN has been whirling all night in a
> loop of restarting the old version and finding that it needs to be
> updated.
>
> But I got it working again, and decided to give FMS a try. Dl'd it
> over FN, started it.
> It gave me a DOS window 'FMS is started'.
> On the config page http://localhost/8080 only a blank page came up.
> The node disconnected immediately; the 'browse FN' page gave:
>

> Internal error: please report
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
> freenet.support.HTMLEncoder
>       at freenet.l10n.BaseL10n.addL10nSubstitution
> (BaseL10n.java:495) at
> freenet.clients.http.WelcomeToadlet.handleMethodGET
> (WelcomeToadlet.java:459) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> freenet.clients.http.ToadletContextImpl.handle
> (ToadletContextImpl.java:534) at
> freenet.clients.http.SimpleToadletServer$SocketHandler.run
> (SimpleToadletServer.java:794) at freenet.support.PooledExecutor
> $MyThread.realRun(PooledExecutor.java:228) at
> freenet.support.io.NativeThread.run(NativeThread.java:101)
>
> and my node restarted again.
>
> I guess FMS conflicted with my mail server, it has a web interface at
> localhost/8080 that I forgot about.
> Switched it off but it will be a while before I try FMS again. Just
> figured you want to know about the error.

I'm almost certain that error message has nothing to do with FMS :b.
One of the good things about FMS is it run as a completely separate
process (and more reliably :b). Usually when I used to get "Internal
error" messages, it meant my node.db4o was corrupted or something, and
I would lose all my download queues. Is this true in your case?