On Monday 25 October 2010 08:29:21 Volodya wrote:
> On 25.10.2010 10:42, Ichi wrote:

> >> The problem could be that you needed to enable allowing connections to
> >> the local network addresses, and before the exchange you needed to turn
> >> on including local address in the noderef.
> >>
> >>               -- Volodya
> >
> > Thanks -- and I don't want them to connect locally.  I want them to
> > connect only via each VM's VPN, as if they were far apart.  Although I
> > was testing this with four VMs running on one host, for actual
> > implementation the VMs would be in multiple locations.
>
> There's a difference between running locally and connecting via local ip
> address
> range. I'm not sure how you set up the address alocation for the different
> virtual machines, but i guess that the ip addresses would fall within LAN
> address lange.

There is another possible problem. Some VPNs have very small MTUs. Currently
Freenet will have great difficulties with MTU less than 1280 or so. We will fix
this when we merge zidel's new packet format code. However even then it will be
difficult on opennet because the bootstrap packets are quite big.