oregonrebel at gmail.com wrote:
>   I can't install FN on Mac OS X 10.4.9.
> I unzipped the archive into a folder, but when I type "
> ./bin/1run.sh
> ./run.sh start
> "
>
> in Terminal, I get this message:
>
> *-bash:
> ./bin/1run.sh
> ./run.sh start
> : No such file or directory*
>
> The instructions say " Basically, all you need to do is make a directoy
> for freenet, unpack the tarball into that directory, change the
> permissions so that you can read write and execute as user (non-root) in
> thet directory and run the start script using the following commands : "
> ./bin/1run.sh
> ./run.sh start
> "
>
> What am I doing wrong? And I'm still unclear about using this-I see a
> list of "tools", do I need something else to use FN? I want to keep this
> as simple as possible. Also, the FAQs do not say how much storage space
> must be dedicated to FN. I assume I can choose an external drive?

It's probably something simple. Don't panic!

do this:
ls -lh ./bin/1run.sh
you should see whether the file actually exists and its size. If the file
doesn't exist
then it's possible that you are running your commands from a wrong directory.
Make sure
that you change your directory to whereever you've installed your Freenet to.
If the
filesize is somehow 0, then something was wrong with your download/install
process. Try again.
                  - Volodya

--
http://freedom.libsyn.com/       Voice of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://freeselfdefence.info/     Self-defence wiki

 "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin