On Thursday 18 December 2008 22:03, 3BUIb3S50i 3BUIb3S50i wrote:
> My idea:
> Interpose at least one "foreign IP address" between sender and recipient of
> a same country.
> The goal: isolate the sender and recipient.
> The "foreign IP address" is a "country" that cooperates little, or doesn't
> cooperate.
> For example:
> USA --> Venezuela --> USA
> USA --> Russia --> Venezuela --> USA
> China --> USA --> China
> Etc.
> Friends are unnecessary. The authorities and lobbies artists are more
> difficult to trap users.
>
> What do you think?

This has been proposed before. I believe there is a VPN-based network on such
principles (always jump a nation boundary on each hop). I would point out
that the set of such antipathic relationships is quite small. On Freenet, it
wouldn't help much IMHO (on opennet i.e. Strangers, it is possible to attack
the network without compromising nodes) and would have a considerable
performance cost. There was a design decision taken that if you have security
level NORMAL and therefore use opennet you want adequate (if not stellar)
performance; high security and opennet do not go together on Freenet's
architecture, so options that cost a lot of performance are disabled by
default on NORMAL; HIGH turns off opennet. However if somebody sends a patch
and some mechanism to update the IP mappings, we would consider having it as
an option.