On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Angelo Turetta
<aturetta+pfse...@bestunion.it> wrote:
> Never try to route/bridge between high speed LAN segments, though.
> Maximum sustainable throughput around 20 Mbps (with polling), but copying a
> 30GB backup file from one net to another is not recommended: on FreeBSD6
> based pfSense I frequently get spontaneous reboots, which become highly
> repeatable if I disable device polling.
> I suspect the watchdog is not being reset because the CPU is maxed out by
> interrupts.

Hmm, This may be fixed in 1.2.1+. Someone was testing Alix hardware
throughput and posted results on the forum.

Here's the link and a quick snippet of results using 1.2.1RC1 on an Alix 2D3:

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=12766.0

Bidrectional TCP: ~57Mbps
Single direction TCP: ~80-85Mbps
Bidrectional UDP: ~40-47Mbps
Single direction UDP ~47-62Mbps

Thread also has OpenVPN performance in it, too.

-Dave