In message <49d1326b.3050...@elitemail.org> "Vaughn L. Reid III"
<vaughn_reid_...@elitemail.org> was claimed to
have wrote:

>I have a Intel Atom based board that I'm trying to get pfsense to
>install on.  I can boot fine into safe mode but I get a panic message
>when I try the default boot config.  I can reproduce this from both the
>pfsense ISO and after an actual install onto the hard drive.  I'm trying
>to install 1.2.3 (downloaded today).

This is a shot in the dark, but try resetting the BIOS to it's defaults
and see if you've got any luck.

I've got an Atom 330 based system (Sorry, I don't have the mobo or
chipset details handy, beyond to say it's a Intel mobo) that panics
during the install based on some combination of BIOS options that I
don't entirely recall.

I have reason to believe there are some ACPI issues but haven't had the
time to track it down, but at this point if I disable ACPI I can't even
boot the system, it locks immediately after the Highpoint driver (I
don't use any Highpoint cards in this machine), and ACPI needs to be
enabled for the system to even boot.

Beyond the initial hardware configuration fun, it has been rock solid.