From: Jeppe Øland [mailto:jol...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:28 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] RE: T1 Saturating - Windows update kills the
connection... ??

During this new firewall installation, someone decided to run Windows Updates
on a four computers. Previously, this would not have choked the network, but
with the new firewall (and new T1), it is choking it. Choking it dead. The four
machines appear to contend for connectivity but after a few minutes, a couple
of them just stall, one slows way down to a crawl and another stills keeps
going (slower). Trying to browse the web on another computer is pretty much
impossible. It's all bogged down.

It didn't happen with the old connection right?
(sure it was faster, but Microsofts servers are way faster than that so it
shouldn't matter)

Sounds like there is a problem with the new connection if you ask me.
Is it a full duplex 1.5/1.5 connection?

Regards,
-Jeppe