All,

My comments are inline.

Thanks,

*Donald Le*
*Tech Director | Product Management and Support AIM Platform*
*O*: 703-265-5645 | *M*: 703-678-1073
*AIM*: donald...@teamaol.com
*AOL Inc*. 22070 Broderick Drive Dulles, VA 20166

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Donald Le <donald...@teamaol.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Quick update: we had to delay AIM client upgrade due to other integration,
> the date is tbd.
> I will answer your questions in the coming weeks.
>

> Thanks,
>

> *Donald Le*
> *Tech Director | Product Management and Support AIM Platform*
> *O*: 703-265-5645 <%28703%29%20265-5645> | *M*: 703-678-1073
> <%28703%29%20678-1073>
> *AIM*: donald...@teamaol.com
> *AOL Inc*. 22070 Broderick Drive Dulles, VA 20166
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:58 AM, dequis <d...@dxzone.com.ar> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have a couple of questions, since there may have been a
>> misunderstanding here.
>>
>> Pidgin currently supports three auth methods for AIM:
>>
>> - MD5 using slogin.oscar.aol.com. Uses the DistID, does not use the DevID

<Donald> All DistID used for login.oscar.aol.com and slogin.oscar.aol.com
will be blocked. The date is tbd and AIM client upgrade will start Feb 24th
2017.

>> - clientLogin aka OpenAuth using
>> api.screenname.aol.com/auth/clientLogin. Uses DistID and DevID. Has
>> been the default setting for pidgin releases since 2009

<Donald> This login path will stay but you need to update the DistID and
DevID. We will give you a new set.

>> - Kerberos using kdc.uas.aol.com. Uses DistID and DevID. Introduced in
>> pidgin 2.11.0, released four months ago.

<Donald> Same as above with OpenAuth.

>> If I'm understanding this right, the first method is being
>> discontinued and the other two will continue working. It's possible a
>> lot of users are using that - the account setting is a bit too
>> visible, so users might just switch to it for the sake of changing
>> settings. But as far as I can see, pidgin with the default
>> configuration won't stop working.

<Donald> If Pidgin uses DistID = 1502 or 0, the login will be blocked.

>> What I don't understand is why we're changing the DistID and DevID.
>> I'm 90% sure that clientlogin sends both in the same way as the
>> official client. Did the previous ones get invalidated?

<Donald> Yes.

>> We're currently using these:
>>
>> Pidgin
>> DistID: 1550
>> DevID: ma1cSASNCKFtrdv9

<Donald> I reached out to Pidgin, see below.

From: Donald Le <donald...@teamaol.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: AIM login
To: Richard Vickery <r...@sfu.ca>, pid...@alexoren.com, Pidgin Support List
<support@pidgin.im>

new DevID = do1UCeb5gNqxB1S1
new distID = 1715

>> Finch:
>> DistID: 1552
>> DevID: ma19sqWV9ymU6UYc

<Donald> No usage since August 2014 so no need new DistID and DevID.

>> Libpurple:
>> DistID: 1553
>> DevID: ma15d7JTxbmVG-RP

<Donald> new DistID = 1717, new DevID = ma19CwYN9i9Mw5nY

I found another Libpurple
DistID: 1502 with no DevID >> new DistID = 1718, new DevID =
ma18nmEklXMR7Cj_