My answers are inline.

Thanks,

*Donald Le*
*Tech Director | Product Management and Support AIM Platform*
*O*: 703-265-5645 | *M*: 703-678-1073
*AIM*: donald...@teamaol.com
*AOL Inc*. 22070 Broderick Drive Dulles, VA 20166

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Ethan Blanton <e...@pidgin.im> wrote:

> Donald Le spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > We will sunset the authorizers login.oscar.aol.com and
> slogin.oscar.aol.com
> > used by your clients today.
> > Notes: 53809 unique logins in July 2016, 54003 in August 2016 and 50810
> > date in September 2016.
>
> I believe we only use these when people have trouble using a method we
> call "clientLogin" that uses login.messaging.aol.com.  I'm not sure if
> this is the same or not.

<Donald> It's the same.

> > Your client has a distID = 0 and "no" DevID. The new authentication path
> > requires a valid distID and DevID.
>
> I believe that this is because we have tried multiple times to get IDs
> and were unable to get in contact with anyone who could/would issue
> them to us.

<Donald> I will create them and send by COB tomorrow the latest.

> Note that libpurple (the IM communication library underlying Pidgin)
> is used by multiple clients, and this may affect this issuance.
>
> > We will upgrade our AIM client (Legacy, Web and Mobile) in the coming
> month.
>
> We appreciate the heads up, although more lead time would of course
> have been easier to coordinate.

<Donald> The update will start Oct 17th and I can delay 2 weeks for Pidgin.