On 30/05/2011 17:45, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 05:08:41PM +0100, dw wrote:
On 30/05/2011 16:18, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 07:49:19AM -0700, Ralph Glasgal wrote:

RACE operates over the full bandwidth although it does
nothing useful XTC-wise in the very low bass or the very
high treble. David's operates only between 200 and 1000 Hz.
I wonder what makes you write the latter. Simple measurement
shows quite a different picture.

Ciao,

I think Ralph may have misunderstood my terse emails. There are indeed
crossovers at 200Hz and 1kHz. The details I will keep to myself, but you
can get the general picture from:
http://www.wareing77.plus.com/Filters/Frequency_response_DW3.png
Thanks for the confirmation. Two questions:

1. What is the purpose (if any) of the rather sharp dip
at 130 Hz in the cross-channel response ?

It is the point at which it goes through zero as the phase goes through 180 degrees.

2. Would you give me permission to add your filter (and a
48 kHz version) to the set supplied with jconvolver, with
proper attribution in the config file of course ?
<http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/index.html>
Certainly. John Pavel has already done so for his convolver. http://convolver.sourceforge.net/configegs.html
I will add a link and config file for your convolver to /Filters.
Ciao,