On 30 Apr 2013, at 04:56, David Pickett wrote:

> A standalone Windows app that would decode Dolby-A encoded wavefiles and
> output a restored non-Dolby 24-bit wavefile would be most useful.  I have
> several recordings that I have had transfer to hi-res files still in Dolby-A
> format.
>
> ... even if such a program were command line only and needed to be left
> overnight to cook!

The "DSP" friend I mentioned before has written a software Telcom C4 decoder
for a client (custom made, not for sale). Telcom was a German (Telefunken) tape
noise reduction system, equivalent (claimed superior) to Dolby. Just to say
that it can be done if there's (financial) interest. IIRC Telcom was less
critical than Dolby regarding playback calibration, so decoding Dolby wav files
might be a bit more complex.

Kees de Visser
Galaxy Classics