> Matthias Kronlachner wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am currently working on a 24-loudspeaker installation in an old
>> observatory of Vilnius University.
>> Maybe someone has suggestions on how to distribute those 24
>> loudspeakers.

> In general, for Ambisonics, you should
> distribute the speakers as evenly as possible.
> Aim for the faces of a platonic solid; visit:
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonic_solid

Problem is ... despite many claims to be on the verge of discovering new
ones;-)> ...that Plato did not have many solids   . . .

I _thought_ the consenus on this list (no howls of derision, please) was
edging towards three rings ... though without looking back, whether that
was 6-8-6 or something else ...?

Just a two pennies'  worth,

Michael