Hi,

From: John Leonard <j...@johnleonard.co.uk>
Date: 5 November 2013 15:16:42 GMT

And of course, Australian nature is a damned site louder that the English variety...

On 5 Nov 2013, at 07:57, David Worrall <worr...@avatar.com.au> wrote:

I've used the TetraMic almost exclusively for outdoor 'nature' recordings, including much at dead-of-night. I've never had a real problem w. noise from the mic, (in reality, nature very noisy) - my problems have almost all been with RF and I would love a balanced solution.

The main problem in the UK is getting away from ambient noise (traffic, aircraft, people, barking dogs, wind in trees & grass, rain and other water etc.). Then there's still a residual of Brownian air motion from everywhere. Apart from frogs if you're patient (or possibly bees or crickets/grasshoppers) most creatures are trying to avoid you and remain 'stumm' until they're some distance away.

Ciao,

Dave