From: Sursound [sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu] On Behalf Of John Abram
[johnbab...@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 November 2013 21:01
To: Surround Sound discussion group
Subject: Re: [Sursound] Core Sound TetraMic

On 5 November 2013 08:30, Moritz Fehr <m...@moritzfehr.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what other preamps (portable?) are you using with your TetraMic ? I have
> tested it with a Motu Traveler which is not bad, and an Edirol R44, which
> is quite noisy.
>
> Regards
> Moritz

I use a first generation MOTU Traveler with the Black Lion Audio
modifications, and their (BLA's) first generation microclock. I record
mostly classical music indoors, and the noise levels are generally
acceptable, better than a good number of older commercial recordings I
cherish. The flexibility in post-production (I use Reaper on Macs for
Tetramic work) is staggering - it's possible to all manner of corrective
mic "placement" after the fact, and to get some mind bending effects if
you're into that…

with best wishes, John