Octathingy is probably 2 Tetra mics joined so we have
Front Left Up, front left down, front right up, front right down
Back Left Up, Back Left Down, Back Right Up, Back Right Down.

I think it can be called a second order mic, i believe it was presented at
aes a few years ago...
It is designed by 2 of our veterans from sursound, but my memory fails me
at this moment ,:-)

Bo-Erik