On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Bo-Erik Sandholm <bosses...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Octathingy is probably 2 Tetra mics joined so we have
> Front Left Up, front left down, front right up, front right down
> Back Left Up, Back Left Down, Back Right Up, Back Right Down.

Not quite, there's a 45 deg twist between the top and bottom.   Note that
the 2nd order components (U and V) will need a 6 dB/8ve LF boost since
they're derived from the difference of first-order receivers.  It remains
to be seen just how tricky it is to calibrate and how stable it is over
time.

Aaron