I have a friend that has contributed to the OpenSCAD project, so I know a
bit about that. It's a 3D modeling program/language that works by writing
lines of code instead of pushing things around with a mouse. Because of
this, you can have parameters for things like size or number of teeth on a
gear or whether to add a certain feature. This way one model can produce a
whole family of objects. OpenSCAD then outputs the same G code as other 3D
printer programs so it can be used with most printers. Suits old
programmers like me who still count their productivity in lines of code no
matter how useless this measure has become (or ever was).

David
VVAudio