Stefan,

GAFA is the main provider of spyware (a well documented subject).
At least Android is free software (or “open source”),
so some versions of Android are free of Google’s spywares,
There’s also quite a lot of free software for Android,
available from the F-Droid repository (and there’s probably others).

The specific problems I had with Windows 10 on my (cheap) PC tablet was:
- The whole system is a spy/bloatware, and the disk was almost full (of it)
- It was (too) often auto-updating, filling up the disk even more with
incremental patches
- Softwares were running slow compared to similar Android apps
- I don’t (really) need a desktop OS on a tablet… It’d be nice, but I can live
without it.
(As an experiment, I replaced Windows with Linux and it was running much better,
 but I could not use it because some important features were still missing).

The Surface tablet computers from Microsoft are like iPads from Apple;
they are built and optimized by the company providing the OS.
Android (based on the Linux kernel and GNU software) is designed for generic
computing devices,
and the companies selling such devices with Android are often doing a good job.
But Windows 10 on generic tablet PCs don’t seem to work well (at least for me).

Yes, HDMI seems to work well on my Android tablet.

—
Marc