At 11:31 16-09-18, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:

Am 16.09.18 um 03:07 schrieb Marc Lavallée:

Imagine the Zoom H3, ready to use, but with complete specs and schematics, a calibration file and a documented calibration procedure, for $100 more. Ir would be a commercial success.

Methinks their marketing department know quite well what they're doing. I could come up with a dozen things they could have done better or differently with their other portable recorders. Still, they're selling like hot cakes. There's something like a sweet spot for pricing if you're targeting the non-pro consumer market.

I for one can't wait to spend 350 USD on the H3 but I'd think twice at 450. Seriously, how many people care about numerical specs, apart from a handful of freaks on this list?

More to the point, how many people (including those here) can actually play back Ambisonics at home -- minimally as 4.0?

David