Le 16/09/2018 à 12:45, Ralf R Radermacher a écrit :

Am 16.09.18 um 15:52 schrieb Marc Lavallée:
I always read that calibrating an Ambisonics microphone is precisely what makes it Ambisonics.
I've just had a look on Rode's website and can't find the slightest hint about calibration for their NT-SF1. Is there anyone who owns and and can enlighten us?

In a ideal world, the custom TF-45C capsule could be so good that a generic calibration is enough, and so stable that no further calibration is needed.

Is Zoom only in for the money?
Sure. Like it or not, but that's capitalism.

Zoom have a good reputation. Fernando will hopefully tell us more about the H3 after he tries to calibrate it (and compare it with the default calibration). If the H3 can be calibrated, it could be an excellent choice. Also, like the Brahma, the H3 could be used to create a better microphone (with larger, better and quieter capsules).

There's hope. No need to use the c word... :-)

Marc