You have removed calorific value of the farm product. At present (6
billion)we are capable of sufficient overproduction to wear that, but at 18
billion (2050?)we would not, try 50 billion people. The projections that
show population leveling off and then decreasing require that a minimum
global standard of living (including education) be achieved. How does
elimination of fossil fuels assist that?  If we in the first world are not
prepared to give up our wealth or share of production then achieving
population control requires a massive increase in global production, a
simple choice.