Who had the bright idea to put together this e-mail! We sure are learning a
lot about biofuel now aren't we. Besides that, haven't all of us riden in a
slow non "assault vehicle" that is driven by someone who you wondered how they
ever passed the tests for there license! When was the last time you say a
Lamborgini or a Ferarri cause a wreck. Now I can't argue that an intoxicated or
incapable driver with a powerfull car or truck can be an extreme hazard, but I
think a drunk on a moped could cause quite a pile up given the chance. Now if
you choose to argue the point of aftermarket parts, I guess you are one to
believe one tire can work the best in all conditions and that a single
restrictive exhaust is a good thing. Oh well, I guess I just think that your
time could have been used to put something usefull here instead of waisting our
e-mail space with ideas that don't make any sense. If you lobby for any new
kind of law, why don't you come up with a driving school requirement. Maybe we
are doing a poor job of teaching people how to drive. Last idea, If you don't
expect your Expedition to drive like a Miata you will have less chances of
rolling over, since suv's seem to be the most popular vehicles off the road.
Question for someone making fuel alcohol.
     What is the biggest expense- the materials or the enegy to cook it? Also,
is there any process to have a continuing cycle without having to stop and
sterilize everything?

 motie_d <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: A MODEST PROPOSAL: BAN ASSAULT VEHICLES
by J.Kish, Vieth Sports Supply, Mentor Ohio
Pursuant to recent legislative events and heightened concern for
public safety, the political climate is ripe for the following
proposal.

As is well known, traffic accidents are the number one cause of death
and injury in the United States. Trauma centers are choked with
victims of reckless driving, overburdening health care facilities and
the insurance industry. Past laws have been ineffective at curbing
irresponsible and/or criminal behavior such as speeding and driving
while under the influence of intoxicants. Therefore, what must be
controlled is the free and easy access to dangerous and overpowered
vehicles of foreign and domestic manufacture.

Proposal: Ban assault vehicles
An assault vehicle is a vehicle which by its appearance and
capabilities inspires the driver to behave as if the nation's
highways were competitive racetracks. The following are dangerous
assault vehicles and should be banned from production and
importation:

Lamborgini Countach
Ferarri Testarossa
Toyota MR2
Chevrolet Corvette
Mazda Miata
Mercury Capri
Pontiac Fiero
BWM 735i
Acura Integra
Nissan 300ZX
Chevrolet Camero
Mazda RX7
Plymouth Laser
Dodge Viper
Dodge Stealth
Ford Mustang
Ford Probe
Honda CRX
Jaguar XJE
Also to be banned are any look-alikes of the listed vehicles as well
as any vehicles possessing one or more of the following
characteristics:

Capable of speeds over 70 mph
Ground effects
Dual exhausts
Performance tires
Limited to dual seats
Aerodynamic devices that protrude conspicuously from the rear of the
vehicle
Vehicles possessing these features have no legitimate transportation
purpose. Vehicles which are constructed with the capability of vastly
exceeding the legal speed limit are produced for unlawful purposes
and have no place in this society. Owners of these vehicles can have
no purpose in mind for them other than to commit illegal acts that
put the general public at risk.

Legislators should be petitioned and media support should be sought
for this "common sense" measure. If only one fatality is prevented,
the benefits will far outstrip the cost and inconvenience. Owners of
such vehicles purchased before the ban is enacted should be required
to register their vehicle as an "assault vehicle" with their state
DMV. Failure to do so within a 90-day grace period should result in
fining, imprisonment, and permanent revocation of driving privileges.

DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN !!!!

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM