Dana Linscott wrote:

>Keith,
>
>I have stated that my only requirement for providing
>likely solutions to YBD is for them to take primary
>responsibility for the situation. Without doing so no
>solution is possible.

Whatever that might mean - not very much to me, I'm afraid. There are
always possibilities, this side of the Styx. Doesn't help your cred
much when you say stuff like that.

>As far as I know YBD is the only BD producer that has
>the problem

So far.

>and posting possible solutions to this
>particular one in a public forum would negate several
>of them.
>
>I don't deal in "magical remedies" only practical
>solutions. My practical experience is a great deal
>more than completing an in depth business plan for a
>small scale biodiesel plant...as well you know Keith.

So is mine.

Oh well, that didn't teach us much.

>As far as "rabble rouser" or "ranting fanatic" I have
>not used either of those terms to characterize  HS or
>yourself...

"You probably don't ever intend to "fight the Oppressive Government"
either...You just intend to encourage others to do it.
Hmmmmmmm........everything makes a bit more sense now."
- From: Dana Linscott, reply to Harmon Seaver, 17 Feb 2002, "Re:
[biofuel] Sloppiest made biodiesel won't hurt engines or pollute"

"You are ranting. I suspect that you have never attempted to set up
any kind of production facility in the US...or any other country with
regulation."
- From: Dana Linscott, reply to Keith Addison, 14 Feb 2002, "Re:
[biofuel] Re:  EPA?/consider the alternative"

"... it seems now you are, at least temporarily, the most fanatical
of posters regarding this subject."
- From: Dana Linscott, reply to Keith Addison, 15 Feb 2002, "Re:
[biofuel] Re: EPA?/consider the alternative"

>though I think Harmon revealed more than he
>intended to with his "necklace" post. I admit to being
>abrasive but don't think I have felt the need to
>resort to name calling...

The one on 14 Feb was in response to my first post to you on this
subject, and it was unprovoked. What I'd said was mild enough and
reasonable and has been said by others. Not ranting. I wasn't struck
by the insult (as you've just noted, my skin is thick), so much as by
the inappropriateness of it.

>I could be wrong. If you can
>find the quotes I owe you an apology.

For myself, as I said, it's the issues I care about, not personal
attacks, so feel free, but I suspect there may be rather a number of
people you might owe an apology to, and, by now, vice versa. All so
unnecessary, such a distraction from the issue at hand.

>I realize that
>sometimes folks just need to vent...but had hoped I
>was not that frustrated yet myself.

In that case, as my other post just suggested, you should examine
yourself closely.

>My offer to YBD is still open.

As you keep saying, but you're being unreasonable. The context you've
provided would put anyone off, as has been remarked, and you won't
specify what you're offering. Other people have simply approached him
direct and offered their help, no big deal. Glenn's just done that,
as you know. Why don't you? Is it a matter of pride, that he must do
the asking? How do you know he's even on this list? He hasn't posted
here for months. But, as you wish.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects