Back in December there was some talk on this subject by Paul Gobert
and others. The subject being to use glycerine which still has some
methanol and NAOH content to pre-treat oil used for bio-diesel.

Has anyone done further experiments? I would like to give it a go.

I did try mixing 1 litre of glycerine with 1 litre of used Canola oil
at about 50 degC, mixing by hand now & then over an hour. After 24
hours had about 250 mil Esters, 900 mil oil, 850 mil glycerine. Was
surprised to see lest glycerine than oil. The oil layer had yellowy
aerated look, and has stayed that way after 6 days (it was clean
clear looking to start with)
I presume it is just the oily middle layer that you then go on to
process with the usual methods.

I would welcome any pointers and guidance on the subject. I have
about 150 litres in plastic pails I want to process.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM