>If we could get our facts together and compose a letter with web links to
>further information, each of us could email it to all the reps in every
>state.  I'm sure we could get people on certain other related lists to do
>the same.  The thing is this: this country (and most others) runs on diesel.
>All the trucks and trains and busses use it, along with the military.  If we
>were producing our own biodiesel to replace it, then huge amounts of
>petroleum would be saved and our reliance on it would be greatly diminished.
>If they would then change the laws regarding diesel automobiles, we could
>import more of them, rather than completely outlawing the importation of new
>ones within the next 10 years (based on current diesel technology).  There
>is a lot that the government can do (they took us to the moon with "60s
>technology!) and there apparently is an awful lot that the people of the US
>will put up with in the name of this war.  I see all these "bad" special
>interest groups getting on the bandwagon.  WHY NOT US!
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Craig Rogers

Good on you Craig. You want to lead the way?

Re your idea of weblinks to further information, I have been
compiling such a resource, but it's taking me time, I've got a lot
else on my plate. Should be getting somewhere with it in a week or so
though. We discussed it here before - it's to give us some ammo
against diesel-bashers in the US.

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever