From: "Harmon Seaver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Enlist the help of Congress was: car conversion

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 02:25:07PM +0900, Keith Addison wrote:
> >
> > But it seems you Americans want Congress or you wouldn't have elected
> > them. Or is that a bit naive of me? Whatever, they'll respond to
> > enough public pressure, re diesels, ULSD dino-diesel and biodiesel.
> >

>    Well, supposedly *some* people voted for them, not I most definitely. I
haven't voted for any of the
> Republicrat candidates for quite a few years now. I *do* however spend a
fair amount of time letting public
> officials know my views, for what little good it does. Some of it does get
read by someone, since I get
was truly a large groundswell of
> public opinion re biodiesel, et al, some pols might be swayed. First you
have to create that public opinion,
> and that requires education of the masses -- or rather, of the media who
tells the masses what to think.
>    I really don't have any faith left in the political process, Keith.
I've spent a great deal of time in
> public meetings, leafleting, collecting signatures on petitions, etc. --
pretty much all for naught. As far
> as I can see, the Demopublicans are simply too corrupt, the process too
moribund, to actually respond to the
> needs and wishes of the people. I'm certainly not alone in this, most of
the people I know, even the ones
> who vote feel pretty hopeless about it. And why do you think so few people
vote? Most of the candidates are
> mental lightweights -- I mean look at just the last presidential election:
dubbya or algore? Gag! I voted
> for Nader, but that's pretty hopeless, and the people I talk to who don't
vote say exactly that -- what's
> the point?
>    As I always say -- it's not my government. They may steal from my
pocket, I can't stop that, but they
> don't represent me in any way shape or form.
>

> --
> Harmon Seaver
> CyberShamanix
> http://www.cybershamanix.com