>Oh ,  actually what you call small, is actually minuscule.
>
>David

Uh-huh? Well, if you insist, but I said "small", and that's what I
meant. Ken's after a kitchen-size press and that might be miniscule,
but I'd guess a lot of people would like one of those, as he says,
including me. Not too useful for fuel production, but if you've got
the seed anyway, nice to be able to crank out some fresh salad oil
when you want it.

The emphasis of this group is small-scale - for backyarders making
their own fuel, small farms, local coops: from our point of view,
Third World rural village coops. That's Reinhard Henning's emphasis
too, with the Sundhara press that will produce 15 litres an hour,
three gallons (60-70 kg/hr). I'd say that's about the maximum of the
useful range: that size and smaller, down to about 5kg/hr (Ken's
other choice, for fuel). Most drivers use about 10 gallons a week. A
local coop might want to make 30-50 gallons a day. If they want more
than that they'd run two processors rather than scale it up, same
with presses - get another one rather than a bigger one.

So, yes, "small". If you think that's miniscule then you're the one
who's out of step, you and probably Carlos - savoiapower's 125kg/hr
"Tiny Oil Mill" is massive overkill for most of our purposes. The
Sundhara weighs 40kg, the "Tiny" press 500kg, it probably costs 7-8
times as much and can't be rigged by a local workshop. Industrial, as
Jesse said, not small, certainly not "Tiny".

Keith

>At 06:59 PM 8/06/2002 +0900, you wrote:
> >Hi David
> >
> > >Me thinks you need to take the time to read what is written on
>the pages ..
> > >
> > >then you will find what you went there for..
> >
> >I don't think so, there is a 125kg/hr expeller there, but no small
> >presses and no prices. It's just a mirror of the Indian
> >manufacturer's site, there's a lot more information at the Indian
> >site, but still no prices. Might be cheaper from Argentina if you're
> >in the US, or maybe not, or cheaper from India if you're in Oz, or
> >maybe not.
> >
> >http://www.tinytechindia.com/oil.htm
> >Tinytech Plants - Tiny Oil Mill - oil expeller, machinery from India Rajkot
> >
> >http://www.tinytechindia.com/index.htm
> >TINYTECH  PLANTS - India - Rajkot- tiny oil mills - oil expeller -
> >machinery - exporter
> >
> >Best
> >
> >Keith
> >

> > >David

>something that I'm
> > what

Please do NOT send &quot;unsubscribe&quot; messages to the list address.