--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Harmon Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 10:09:16PM -0000, motie_d wrote:
> >  Perhaps Sports Stadiums should be forced to raise ticket prices
by
> > $10 each for a couple of seasons to raise funds to build a new
> > Stadium,
>
>    Unfortunately, what seems to be happening more and more is the
taxpayer is
> forced to pay for the new stadium (so the rich owners and rich
players can get
> even richer) even if they detest the sports. It's fun to drive by
the stadium
> and pray curses on the team tho.

 This is wandering pretty far from the topical path, so it may be
time to end the thread.
 I was listening to Talk Radio sometime last year, and the topic was
taxpayer funding for stadiums. The proponent asked , in frustration,
what would have to be done to get more people to support it. I called
in and told him that I would support it.....if they promised to build
it in a different State! A very popular bumper sticker was..

...GO TWINS!!!! And take the Vikings with you!!!

Motie

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?
Free Love Reading by phone!