Me too ... I believe in local production / local
usage.

It gives the "local village" more self-sufficiency.
And more choice.

What I mean by "choice" is that ... when there's
self-sufficiency, the stability of the "user village"
is not so dependant on the "supplier village's"
political stability (or instability).

Can you imagine (for a minute) if the USA produced oil
100% locally??  We'd look at the Middle East and say
"gee ... isn't it a good thing their war doesn't
directly affect US!!"

Would we still jump in and get involved??  Maybe.
Maybe not.  But the point is ... we wouldn't HAVE to.
We wouldn't be quote "forced" to.

That's my take on it.

Curtis

--- motie_d <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Which goes right back to my belief that goods should
be produced and used locally, instead of being
imported from out of state or internationally. My
immediate personal focus is on local energy use.

In my immediate local area, there is an abundance of
wood products being burned or hauled away to rot in a
pile, while we import Coal and Natural Gas for heat
and electricity, and import foreign oil for
transportation fuels. Ethanol and synthetic Diesel
Fuel can be produced from this resource, along with
electricity from byproduct steam and heat.

Politics and Bureaucracy are currently preventing me
from doing any of this commercially.

=====
Join the Revolution!
http://thincnet.com/revolution9/downline/vdownline.html?9107

Please do NOT send &quot;unsubscribe&quot; messages to the list address.