--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Shawn Zenor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 06:37 AM, Hakan Falk wrote:

> Only in America!!!
>
> <snip>
> Hardwood is mostly a tropical or sub tropical tree and how can US use
> this
> for pallets and at the same time be upset about the deforestation of
> the
> remaining oxygen suppliers of the world. The hardwood of Europe was by
> tradition the property of the Kings, wherever it was rooted, because
> of its
> value for building ships and as structural building material. In this
> case
> oak was a strategic defense material. Oak used as structure for
> buildings,
> was inherited and reused for new buildings. The value of oak was almost
> comparable to gold a few hundred years ago.
>
> Hakan

                I reuse as many of them as I can for building furniture or small
projects- I'm sorry to say that you really can find some fine woods in
pallets- cedar, walnut, cherry, almost anything... it's crazy.  I
seeing a few businesses in New Mexico that used reclaimed pallet wood
for furniture too.

        As far as Americans being concerned about deforestation- clearly they
are not.  Look who 'we' voted into the white house....

Shawn (waiting for Hawai`i to secede)

Volkswagen camper rentals in Hawaii
Hawaii÷Oahu÷Maui

   Imua Camper Company
http://www.imua-tour.com
45 Shipman Street, Hilo HI 96720
   Reservations:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -or-  1(877)773-4682
Hilo office (phone/fax)  1(808)935-6241

--- End forwarded message ---