I had diesel cars the last 26 years as private vehicle, both in Sweden and
after I moved to middle and southern Europe. In Sweden it was often minus
25 Celsius in the winter and minus 15 Celsius in Central Europe. The only
time I had serious problem was one time when I was skiing in Sweden and it
was minus 40 Celsius for a couple of days. Had to heat it up and then put
20% Kerosene in the tank. Could not ski anyway, since the risk for bad
frostbites was too big.

Hakan

PS. during the same period I had gasoline company cars.