Hello

This is the FAQ about gas engine convertion in my country specially with
those WW II old military Jeeps or old trucks and the way people has deal
with it is the following:
They sell the gasoline engine with the gearbox or get rid of them, then
they buy an used japanese diesel engine with the gearbox and put them in.
There are many importers of used japanese engines here.

Regards

Juan
 Paraguay - South America
---------------------

The ratio is REALLY different, and thus a diesel head and block are built
much heavier. The early (oil crisis response) atrocious GM diesel failures
(which are probably responsible for why AMericans don't drive diesel cars)
were essentially a gasoline 350 with a diesel head. They aren't around
anymore...  for a good reason. the block, crankshaft, etc, just couldn';t
take the extreme conditions that a diesel block is built heavy for...

Besides this issue, you'd really need a whole new head with a proper
prechamber, etc, and a diesel head and cylinder faces is machined just to
achieve the proper fuel injection spray pattern and the proper behavior of
the gases once they start to ignite. It's not at all the same as a gasoline
head and pistons.

Mark