>girl mark,
>
>I have been doing my own research into why the GM diesel failure happened
>and the only information I have found was that the head bolts stretched and
>that this was the primary failure for the GM line because the bolts were not
>torqued at correct intervals and/or the head bolts stretched and were
>usually not replaced on a rebuilt. Do you have a source on the info about
>problems with the "block crankshaft,etc." ? I'd like to find out more about
>it.
>
>Thanks,
>Jess

I found the same site Robert did when I researched this.

"Lots of Injector Pump problems, blowing head gaskets, and poor
maintenence due to lack of knowledge basically killed them. Many
engines were perfesionally changed out by GM mechanics, but still
with many top end problems and poor maintenence, and also due to
water in the fuel."

Also breaking crankshaft and other bottom end problems...
http://members.tripod.com/~A350Diesel/disaster.html

This is the main site:
http://members.tripod.com/~A350Diesel/index-17.html
The 350 Diesel Page