Jean-Leon Morin wrote:

> Where did you get this information? Not doubting what you are saying,
> however I have been repeatedly told by good sources thta this was a
> converted gasoline engine. I believed the block was in fact the same as an
> olds V8...
>
> J-L

    That's a common belief, and I shared it at one time.  However, it's
erroneous.  The best site on the web I've found for Olds diesel info can be
found at the following link:

        http://members.tripod.com/~A350Diesel/newmain.html

    You can spend at least an hour reading through everything on that site, and
it just might change your mind about this much maligned engine.  Personally,
I'd like to build one just for the fun of it!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/9782