You have just shown something that makes Americans great and
makes me like them so much and I am grateful for that. Myself and
many Europeans do not have the same ability to apologize as you
have and that is something that we really can learn from Americans.

I think that this is more of a lack of information from your side and
that I assumed that you had the same information as the Europeans.
It is a very big issue between US and EU, where EU have
rules against using hormones. EU does not approve the import
of US beef because they cannot prohibit hormones in beef, based
on potential health risks, and then turn around and allow import
of American beef that uses this prohibited practises. US is
leaning very hard on EU to approve US beef import and are trying
very hard to force it. I do not think that it is any problems with
beef that can be proven not to use this practices, but this is such
a small percentage of American beef, that US cannot accept that.

This is a factual case and the Europeans are very upset with the
American attitude, especially the English. The English see it as a
try to circumvent the regulations, an attempt to piggyback on their
problems with "mad cow decease" to capture a traditional English
market segment. That is also why I made the remark about the
English export to developing countries, of the same animal food
that causes the "mad cow decease"  in the first place. Also a
factual case that I did not hear anyone on the list complain about.

Why should those in the states that are promoting alternative growing
methods in the states, be the only ones who has the right to expose
US political/corporate practices. They are actually helped by every
word that mention the problems with the current practises in US.
It is actually a opinion building process that every changes must go
through. In my field, energy transmission in buildings, I do not only
pick on US, I am talking about current practises in a lot of countries.

US is using 25% of the worlds energy resources and if they change,
it has a big effect on the whole world. They also have well developed
systems for building codes etc. They also have well developed
engineering resources and if they change and apply at home, what
they want to "help the developing countries" to do, it would be
more space for the developing countries to develop.

I have worked in America and with Americans far more than most
Europeans. I do not have to "preaching to the choir", anything I am
saying is based on my experiences and are my views. I have never
said that Americans are greedy, because that is not my opinion.
Politics/corporations that are naive, careless, based on short term
profits and irresponsible, YES, but greedy no. I see the quarterly
profit fixation in US as more of seeking social acceptance than greed.
It is also a historical burden from the great depression.

Hakan