Hakan,

If it is a government of the people, by the people, for the people, then
it is a democracy. A society in which the people do not have the option
to change their government if they don't like it is not a democracy. What
democracies are there in the Middle East? I would count Israel and Turkey,
but the others are for the most part desert satrapies.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to disagree with
you. Ah, the joys of free speech! ;-)

By the way, what did you think of George Bush's proposal yesterday to
invest $1.2 billion towards research in developing a hydrogen powered
car? That would not be biofuel, but it would be renewable and not make
our societies dependent on corrupt dictatorships. I would like to see
us develop nuclear fusion power, such as our sun runs on. It has run for
billions of years on the nuclear fusion of hydrogen into helium. In that
case, energy would become unbelievably cheap, and we could forget about
this scarcity mentality that requires us to conserve energy. It is like
conserving air! Free energy occurs in abundance in nature, and we need
to learn to harness it, or imitate it.

One question of economic significance would be how to generate hydrogen
cheaply.

Damian

--
Damian J. Anderson   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.unification.net