We dont have a good energy policy, and local government are not all properly
trained.

Innovation vs. Realtiy
================
Our solar carport had a big setback in a public hearing, not from the
people.  Participants all agreed and even expressed their
support and willingness to follow suit if they could see the first solar
project built in their city.
The nays are from the city planning department, 4 commisioners didn't like
to have gas station or carport pops up
with solar system.  And no matter we are going to sell BioDiesel at pumps
and electric station for EV.  They do not realize the importance to build
more facilities to provide alternative energy.  One of them said if we
mentioned about how supportive
Santa Monica City is, he is going to throw up!

We are proposing to use Galvanized Steel for the structure and these people
who never built any solar related projects told
us to paint it red to match the main building.  And add stucco to make it
look nicer, it's their athestically or professionally
decision. For the city planners.  They are the watchdogs for the city etc.
For the builder, Solar system must operate in cool temperature and the
galvanized silver gray of the steel structure is reflective and can fend off
excessive heat.  Not the red or royal paint which trapped the heat.  Their
request is going to do harm or decrease the efficiency/performance of the
solar
panels. And the prepainted steel get rusty or unsightly in a few year, and
need a lot of maintainces!  Galvanized steel can last for at least 10 years!

One lady thinks the solar roof is not a pretty sight for the city, so they
want the post red and they want those decorative
stucco.  we have this cantilevers single-Post carport, the columns are
supporting the entire roof and solar system.
And they want us to use the same decorative pipe + stucco ?  Those
decorative columns which they asked us to copy from.
They are decorative column for the front corridor.

You stunned at hearing people telling you are ruining the landscape or
making unwanted proposals.

GAPs!  Even in the same meeting hall, you can find the stubborn
unti-progress or anti-new technology officials.
Who declared they are for the people, by the people to deny the plan, unless
we paint it red and adding stucco.
If you had experiences on solar system, then maybe we won't have such a hard
time.  Because they didn't have
any in either Solar or Bio-Diesel, they decided to make a big noice on the
color and presentation of the structure.
A simple steel structure is a simple structure, so we want to make it a
prefabricated simple structure to save money.
So what?  The solar panels are still very expensive, to make it available.
We have to make it a rust-resistance and
a solid structure.  But again, that is the government!  Those people who are
not interested in alternative energy are in
power, we will have to fight and appeal to the city council.