At 10:37 AM 4/26/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Comments below.
>
>--  Perhaps it is the drivers after all
>is said and done, and not the vehicles that are dangerous.
>
>Greg H.

In Texas, at least, it is the driver instruction.  It is a total joke.  I
have held an instructors licence in  Alberta, Canada for both car and
motorcycle.  Driven in Europe, which I loved.  It was like a dream of
sharing the road with nothing but professionals that understand the
rules.  Now in Texas where I have taken their written tests, I have found
pathetic drivers that don't know that they are dangerous.  The test focused
on how much of a fine for what, not the rules of the road.  The instructors
here, and I have had to take defensive driving every year to drive DH's
company vehicle, have no idea why the rules are what they are.  I have now
taken the course in 7 cities from 8 different companies, they are all the
same.  Yeah, I would say it is the drivers.

Bright Blessings,
Kim

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/FGYolB/TM