<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Hello Tomas, how goes? Still freezing or are there signs
of spring
yet? Last time you said it was "nice" - minus 3C! (That's not nice!)

>Hello All,
>
>Can some one say how much glycerol there is in SVO (rapeseed, sunflower,
>coco....). Is the amount always constant 20 % or is it depending on the oil.

It's about 7-8%. The amount of the by-product "cocktail" - glycerine
+ FFA (soap) + excess methanol + catalyst - varies according to the
oil used and its condition and the process used and processing. More
info here:

How much glycerine? Why isn't it solid
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#howmuchglyc

By the way, we were talking about additives:

>Thanks Keith,
>
>I will immediately look into Wintron XC30 this sounds promissing. Thanks
>again this news group is a gold mine of info for biodieselers.
>
>The weather is back to nice -3ˆÁ.
>
>Best regards
>
>Tomas

Wintron solved it for us, we had no trouble at all. Our WVO
biodiesel's okay to about -5 deg C or so and it was often colder than
that here, but not much colder than about -10 deg C. We used a 0.5%
concentration, and for colder temps we'd just have used more, up to
about 1%. It's still freezing at night but I guess the worst of it's
over. Wintron's a very good product. Really serious winter cold might
need different solutions, but for most people this will be fine.
They've been testing a new formulation which they say works even
better, and that will be available for next winter. More info on
Biodiesel in winter here:

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_winter.html
Biodiesel in winter: Journey to Forever

Best wishes