Dear Keith,

    In brief response before I claim my prize of lucid dreaming at
the end of a grueling day: I couldn't agree more with your stance on
this issue.

    I'm a hemp food and fibre processor here in Alberta
(www.thompsonvalley.com).  Aside from the speculative blunders of
1999, no farmer that I know of is planting acres on spec.
Conversely, we've seen the prevailing pattern of markets approaching
producers - as is mandated in Germany.  This leads to complete use of
oilseed harvests, with minimal amounts hitting the open market.  This
has kept the price at a truly sustainable level; by adding fibre to
the picture, we can see farmers flourishing on 300 acres instead of
subsisting at 10,000.  $600/acre is fat living around here.

    My only impetus for distilling some semblance of hard numbers
(albeit, as flawed as any attempt at wholistic number crafting) came
out of the need for shocking old-fart minds into seeing new
pictures.  Let's hope it works.

All the best,

Joey