--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Greg  Harbican" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Incorrect, I reported, what was mentioned at the time of the crash.  I never
heard what the final report was, and that was probably because I was out of the
area at the time it finally came out and I don't think that it would have made
the news were I was, since it was a " local " Colorado Springs event.   Funny
how it took 10 years for the final report to come out.   If you read the report
in it's entirety, then you would know they were having big problems when they
first started tiring to figuring out what caused the crash because their was so
little left of the plane let alone any bodies of the passengers and crew to
autopsy, it was reported on the late news that there was not much in the way of
body bags, being used, and the local coroner was using Ziploc bags for the
parts that could be found, until the body parts could be separated and
identified to a specific person, not much to autopsy in that case, but, I know
of a case where it was enough to determine that Carbon Monoxide poisoning was
the cause of a different crash.

I reported everything that I was aware of in my initial report form the initial
reports, including the possibility of it being a rotor, which the NTSB did not
rule out the possibility of:

" The most likely atmospheric disturbance to produce an uncontrollable rolling
moment was a rotor (a horizontal axis vortex) produced by a combination of high
winds aloft and the mountainous terrain. Conditions were conducive to the
formation of a rotor, and some witness observations support the existence of a
rotor at or near the time and place of the accident. However, too little is
known about the characteristics of such rotors to conclude decisively whether
they were a factor in this accident. "

As for hearsay, rumor and innuendo,  perhaps a little, but, this entire thread
has been filled with it, not just from me.  I have reported facts where I have
them, and personal opinion about things I have seen.  I am also known to change
my personal opinions ( and admit to it ), when I have what I consider real
facts, not just other persons opinions.

As to wanting to know more the accident that killed my friend at the Air Force
Academy, I'm working on that, but, it's the holidays, and the only person I was
able to get a hold of at the Academy, Saturday, told me that he did not expect
anyone that could help me to be in until Tuesday or Wednesday, but he did say
that crashes at the Air Force Academy, are normally investigated by the
military, regardless of the aircraft, if it was piloted by a military crew
especially if the aircraft was leased not chartered.  And generally the
military prefers to buy, then lease, and lastly charter if it has no other
options, again this is what I was told Sat.

Greg H.