  From: Hakan Falk
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 09:28
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: THE HOT MOVIE

  Greg,

  No one have ever said it was not a mess and many mistakes done. The only
  thing I am saying is that many knew that it was hijackings, about one
  minute after they left the route in the flight plan. This is the system and
  it works very well. After that it was a matter of judgements and some human
  errors, that made the decision making too slow. When the first plane
  slammed in the WTC, it was not only known that the plane was hijacked, but
  also what the others would do. The last 10 to 15 minutes they were all
  tracked by ground radar and identified, because it was air control areas
  and because the hijackers had no means to turn off the transponders..
  Before the first attack on WTC, nobody could guess the goals for the
  hijackings. If the others would have had fighter at their tail, something
  might have been done. I suspect that the Pennsylvania one was rightfully
  shot down on the Vice President's order, but it is a complete fog around
  what really happened in this case.

  The only thing that I accuse the president of is his reaction on the news
  about hijackings, which I do think was human and not very surprising. I am
  not blaming Bush for not preventing 911, because I think that it would be a
  long shot to do so. I do not blame him for a completely passive reaction to
  the hijackings, because it would be natural to wait for reception of the
  hijackers demand. What I do blame Bush of is the blatant tries, and in some
  cases successes, to draw political capital of the situation and paint
  himself as a decisive president. I also blame him for taking this as a
  motive to invade Iraq.

  Us had only one reason to invade Iraq and it was the same as Japan had for
  its attack of Pearl Harbor. Japan did it, in hope that they would get oil
  for its war efforts and US did it to be able to fill up their SUVs and keep
  the economy going. Not very heroic reasons, but very understandable, looked
  from national economic and security interests. What is still questionable,
  is if it is going to be a success or if it is going to backfire with dire
  consequences, as for Japan. I think that Bush in this case failed, by not
  assigning 2 to 3 times more troops to the venture. By having a dragged out
  period of violence and lack of security, he lost the initiative and by that
  caused severe damages to US and its international standing. How could he
  risk the whole venture on a belief that the Iraqi people would welcome US
  as liberator and "win their hearts and minds". It is an unforgivable
  stupidity, which brought a lot of unnecessary pain to the Iraqi people. No
  wonder that Shalabi lost his favored status, Bush must be very angry at
  him, for believing in him.

  Hakan

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor