Hi Capra,

Your suggestions about finding the free stone is a good one, I'll have to
remember that.  However, the statement that marble is 15 degrees cooler than
the surroundings is false.  Just measure the temps of various items in your
bathroom (at the same height since warm air rises) and you'll see that the
marble floor is not any colder than the rest of the room.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/may98/893033758.Ot.r.html

-michael