----- Original Message ----- From: "Andres Yver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi Allan,

Not so long ago, people around the world were concerned about the spread of Communism. We looked to Moscow and hoped the next Russian leader would be a moderate, not one of the old-guard intelligence community hard-liners, prone to de-stabilizing and invading strategic territory abroad, while cracking down on personal freedoms at home.

Substitute "American Imperialism" for "Communism" and "Washington" for "Moscow" and you then have the real reason for defeating Bush. Hard-liners on either end of the spectrum are bad for the country they are in as well as the rest of the world, and Bush is a perfect example of American hard-liners at their worst. As someone who truly is a centrist, I can not see how anyone who would support the current regime could call themselves anything but a right wing extremist, if they have any clue of what's really going on. Of course, those who rely on Fox News for all of their information are simply misinformed, but there is enough evidence of reality out there for even them to know that they are choosing to remain that way. Just my $.02.

Brian