Yes I do remember it, and from my view point, it's is not totaly correct.

What do you mean? It's exactly what you said.

Like I said before:

Unless I am really careful, and know my mood is bad, I am a fish that is
hooked by " Troll Bait ".

I said " Troll Bait ", because that is how I perceive some of it, the bait
used by trolls to start a " fight ", " to cause tempers to flair ", Flame
bait is much the same, as far as I perceive it, but then again that how our
lives are shaped, by perceptions that we have.

There's a basic error in this. Please read what you've written there again. You ascribe your perceptions to others' intentions. Saying something is "Troll Bait" means that those posting it are trolls and intend it as bait, and you actually say that. But that's not the case, you simply cannot blame them for the effect it might have on you and say they intended it. You think they sent it directly to you and only to you? It's a mailing list, Greg, it has 3,000 members, not just you! Are you going to treat anything you disagree with as a direct and deliberate personal attack on you? Not here you won't.

It is still true, I have learned a few new things, but, it does not mean
that I would not prefer to spend more time talking about biofuels, and less
on politics.

That's just fine, but you're going a lot further than that. To fit in with your preferences, just yours, one member out of 3,000, you're asking that the way the list is run should be changed and that a longstanding tradition repeatedly supported by the majority of the membership for good and oft-stated reasons should be abandoned. And all so that you don't get cross by reading stuff that isn't directed specifically at you and that nobody is forcing you to read. And that's not at all just fine.

If I was totaly consistent, I would refuse to even bother with any political
discussion,

That is your prerogative. It's not your prerogative to demand that it be stopped just for your sake. Nor is your definition, "political", anything more than a subjective labelling. In practice it would be impossible to apply it, and we've been through that here before too.

for that manner, I might even leave the list if it was that big
a deal.

A big deal to whom? The list? You and everyone else can stay or leave, at your own discretion.

Now, if you're going to insist on demanding that the "Open discussions" policy be dropped on your account and that discussions be restricted to exclude posts that you personally perceive as "Troll Bait", that is a different matter. That would be (and probably already is) a deliberate flouting of a well-established list rule that you're very familiar with and have yourself supported in the past. And that can have only one consequence.

I don't have a lot of faith in your perceiving that clear distinction right now.

Another thing is that you've dubbed people trolls who are not trolls. Do you think that's acceptable? It's not acceptable.

I have no doubt that some people on the list would be happy if I
was to leave ( at least that is my perception ).

Hm, I'm not putting a lot of faith in your perceptions right now. You have no basis for saying that, at least not outside of your perceptions. There's nothing that anyone has posted here that supports it. You think people are still harbouring some sort of grudge over the F9/11 mess, more than two months later? Forget it.

Yes, I change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, that is
part of the nature of being Bi-Polar.    That is part of who I am.    If the
list can not accept me for who I am and what positive things I can sometimes
offer, I am sorry, not just from me to the list, but the fact that some
people who claim to be " enlightened " and better than Greg H. are in fact,
no better than my self.

Who has claimed to be " enlightened " and better than Greg H.? You're imagining things.

Try this on Greg: frankly, you're whining. Can the list accept you for what you are or not? Maybe the point is that you're failing to accept the list for what it is. It's a community, where, once again, your rights end where those of others begin. This community will not change to fit in with every changing whim and foible of Greg H. any more than the city you live in will. If you're saying it's Greg H. or the list, and I think you might be, then don't be surprised if the list fails to be sacrificed for the sake of Greg H.

Politics and the bickering  that  generally goes with them, tends to bring
out the worst in me.    Doesn't mean I don't learn a thing or two, and it
does not mean I like it, when it brings the worst of me out.    That is why
I " prefer " it was not a part of the day to day discussions, because it
tends to bring out the worst in me ( when I am at my worst, mood wise ).

So we must all shape up to Greg's mood swings - in advance. I see.

( more below )

> >From: "Greg and April" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:19:16 -0700
> >Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: Behind the Great Divide
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >Many people on the list, see the war as a, result or by-product of the
oil
> >issue, and so to them it would be on-topic.  For example, " Bush wants to
> >invade Iraq for the oil ", to some people, this is the truth, and to them
it
> >would retard the developement of BioDiesel as a viable option for the
> >average consumer.  As a result of some of these discusions ( which I
tried
> >to stay out of at first ), I learned a few things. It does not mean I
totaly
> >change my stance on the issue, but, I am a little more aware.
> >
> >This list, is like anyother, some of the info will be of use to some but
not
> >to others.  I scan the subject line, and some of the info., and if it is
no
> >use, or I don't want to be apart of it, I deleat it, and most of the
other
> >items with that subject. If on the other hand, It is of intrest, I save
it
> >for future reference, and I make a point to check all others with that
same
> >subject, saving the useful info, delegating things like the "Thank you"
and
> >"Your welcome" post.
> >
> >Greg H.

This was written when I was in one of my neutral to better moods ( not to
mention before I had a spell checker ), and still holds true today. I keep
things of interest, and delegate those that are not.

But like someone else said, " What I want and what the list wants is
sometimes two different things, and something that I am willing to " agree
to disagree " on.    Does not mean I like it, or that I agree with it, it is
just personal preference, and please correct me if I am wrong, but, being
able to say what ones personal preferences are, seems to be a viable subject
for this list.

Saying what your personal preferences are is just fine. Demanding that an entire community must act accordingly is not just fine, nor is insulting people by calling them trolls when they're not.

Does this make more sense?

It gives me more information.

I think you're going to behave now just like you behaved in the F9/11 thread, like a dog with a bone, refusing to let it go, concerned only with yourself, heedless of the destructive effect you might be having on the list itself. And it was destructive.

If you try to do that I'll stop you.

If you now take this matter of demanding an end to "political" discussion any further then you must expect the inevitable result. You've certainly had a really undue amount of warning.

I also think you're going to be a dog with a bone with this message as well, along with the open discussions issue, and I won't allow that either. You can take it offlist if you like, but a response isn't guaranteed.

Instead I'll just refer you now once again to this:

> And Greg, please beware - there's a rule about it, and it gets
> enforced, and recently was.
> http://wwia.org/pipermail/biofuel/Week-of-Mon-20040906/000028.html
>
> See:
> http://wwia.org/pipermail/biofuel/Week-of-Mon-20040906/000005.html
>
> Also, please be careful - the message that sparked all this off was
> flame-bait, and he knew it, but "troll-bait"? Are you quite sure of
> that? Are you sure you're not providing it yourself?
>
> I think you should consider what happened in July with the infamous
> Fahrenheit 9/11 thread.
>
> Maybe you'd like to have another look at the moderator's message that
> ended that.
> http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/36631/
>
> Actually I think quite a lot of people should.
>
> It has a lot to do with the original message in this thread:
> http://wwia.org/pipermail/biofuel/Week-of-Mon-20040906/000008.html
> [Biofuel] Using an email discussion list
>
> And with this one again:
> http://wwia.org/pipermail/biofuel/Week-of-Mon-20040906/000007.html
> [Biofuel] PLEASE READ - moderator's message

Along with the offlist correspondence with you that followed the ending of the F9/11 fiasco.

Best wishes

Keith Addison
List owner

Greg H.