Why Bush didn't attacked North Korea or Pakistan ?

Personally, I think the NeoCon Republicans have been desperately trying to diversify the oil market, and by attacking Iraq, hoped to bring Iraqi oil back online as a hedge against extremists other volatile places on earth. (Witness the situation in Nigeria, for example.) To answer your question directly, I also believe North Korea and Pakistan could likely put up a fight that we would struggle to win. I've never witnessed a national army defend its territory with such ineptitude as we witnessed with Iraq last year. (They didn't even TRY to blow up a single bridge to stop our tanks from rolling northward!) As I was watching "Alfred E. Newman" debate "Farmer John" last night on television, I shook my head in disbelief that a nation whose army couldn't mount more than laughable resistance to invaders from the other side of the world could somehow constitute "a serious threat" to us. It's sad that Mr. Bush talks as if he really believes Saddam Hussein presented an imminent danger to the United States, and worse, that so many people in my country believe him.

Yes, you have the force but European countries never said that USA should not use it. France and Germany only said that it must serve the International Right.

Sir, is it an international right to invade another sovereign nation on the basis of pretext and deception? I don't think this is what you're trying to communicate here, but I'm not quite understanding your statement. (My eldest son speaks and reads French, so post in French if you must!)

What is good for USA is not automatically good for the world.

Many Americans believe that we act with the world's best interest in mind. This is why it's so hard to speak out against the evil manifest in our foreign policy. I have had fellow American citizens stare at me aghast when I suggest that people in other parts of the world don't appreciate our blunt, forceful, militaristic manner. These people really believe that we are a force for goodness and justice in the world, and can't understand (or simply refuse to accept) any view to the contrary.

We do not understand this policy and how the US voters can swallow such lies and manichean sight of the world. Bush administration seems to follow a policy based on religious faith and economic dogma, obviously not on facts and people interests.

Trust me, sir. Some of us Americans find it absolutely incredulous that a man whose most strident supporters would never characterize as deep thinker managed to get into the position he's in. Those of us who live on the west coast have very little say in national politics, as the candidates are essentially chosen for us by the political system on the east coast. I watched the debate in stunned amazement that "Mickey Mouse" and "Dopey" are both vying for the opportunity to have their fingers on the trigger of the world's biggest nuclear arsenal.

I'd like to have a section on the ballot that says "Neither candidate is suitable. Please try again."

"are the US voters like him, dangerous, selfish, cynical, narrow-minded, fanatic, cupid, simply stupid or deaf and blind ?".

        No.  Not all of us.

But let's back on biofuel subject : at last Kyoto protocol has been ratified and the US industry will be obliged to make efforts to compete with more virtuous companies especially in Europe. It should be good for the planet...and the americans who are living on. Despite their government. Biofuel is suspected to be a carbon wells but with a bad ecological balance when produced even from organic and extensive agriculture if far from consumption places and if the fuel needs heavy process.

We have discussed this problem at length in this forum. Regional and community level energy resource development must follow after conservation, otherwise, we'll end up with Big Agribusiness displacing Big Oil.

One of the only ecologicaly interresting way right now is in a "short circuit" meaning local organic production of vegetal oil and local consumption in basic diesel motors (or more efficient special built ones)

You have your finger on an important principle. As you describe further on, sometimes government gets in the way of such progress. This is true in Canada as well. I cannot produce ethanol for my vehicle where I live. It's illegal to do so. I'm allowed to waste a lot of electricity making hydrogen from the grid (and run my vehicle on H2), but I'm not permitted to distill ethanol. There are farms all over the valley where I live that simply burn their "agricultural residue" and pollute the air (rather than gasifying it for energy), but I can't aid in cleaning the airshed by burning ethanol in my truck.

I don't think the United States has the corner on the world market for governmental stupidity.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>