> Greg Harbican wrote:
> I really hope this is a technology that can be scaled down for home use.
> I have several trees ( and bushes ) in my yard that are causing problems,
> that I would like to turn into Methanol.
> Greg H.

 I happened to see your reply in the archives.

 There was something mentioned in

 Alternatives to Fossil Fueled Engine/Generators
 by Clifford W. Mossberg
 http://journeytoforever.org/at_woodfire.html
 "If your goal is to produce methyl alcohol (methanol)"

 somewhere under the heading,
 Wood Gasification Basics

 Perhaps this is to controversial particularly regarding
 Direct Methanol Fuel Cells
 http://www.eere.energy.gov/hydrogenandfuelcells/fuelcells/fc_types.html