Hmmmm,

I am not sure what is the difference between the semantics ( meaning, essence)
of the statement and the spirit of the statement. Could you elaborate a bit
here?

In my humble opinion, this statement only sounds nicely, making it a good
slogan,
but it is empty/broken in essence ....... Again I am lost, what is the spirit
of this statement?

let me show you again how this statement is broken:
WHO gets to decide what each person is able to do, and what are his/her needs?

IF it is the person himself, the system tends to gravitate to the state, where:
each one evaluates his abilities at MIN (meaning they do not produce much for
the system)
each one evaluates his needs at MAX (trying to exploit system to get maximum
from it)
This leads to broken system where there is not enough goods produced
everyone lives poorly, chronic shortage of basic goods, even soap and toilet
paper :)
Former USSR knows this path very well.

IF it is some other person, who decides, what people are able to do and what
are their needs,
the system tends to gravitate to the state, where:
people abilities are evaluated at MAX (meaning lots of work requested from
people, compulsory work
in extreme cases)
people needs are evaluated at MIN (even basic needs are thrown out in extreme
cases)
This leads to a slippery path of the bureaucratic governing, planned economy,
compulsory work, compulsory work camps
Again, the former USSR knows this path very well.....

I do not know of any method, which _fairly_ evaluates people's abilities and
needs.....
Of course, if one finds third, better method, the argument may change, but
untill then
we are stuck with one of the above options, and these lead to UGLY consequences.

--
Tomas Juknevicius