Dave, have a look at this and see if it might help you.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/search.asp?search=ez+strainers&x=10&y=8.

"DAVE C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:I am using Kentucky Fried oil to heat my
house with an oil gun boiler which I have connected to my hot air furnace. My
problem is how do I prefilter the oil so I do not use up so many disposable
auto oil filters?. I have tried reusable stainless steel coffee filters with
hot oil but they plug up in about a gallon and have to be cleaned. Any
suggestions?