When I was in high school I worked at McDonalds on the morning shift opening
the store.

One of my jobs was to filter the French fry oil. We used a big round stainless
tank on wheels that had a pump and some paper filters in the bottom.

The procedure was to light the fryers and once the oil was not congealed, you
open a valve at the bottom that let the oil flow in to the tank and settle
through the filter paper and then it was pumped back into the fryer vat.

The filter paper came from a local rest. Supply house.

mel

---